Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BEFORE WINTER HITS...

It's a beautiful fall day and the garden which was so full and lush in the summertime is preparing for winter. I thought I'd take a few pictures of my autumn tree and what is left flowering in the yard.

Soon approaching is a new season for this yard and for me. Like the tag in my blog: I am A Woman in Transition. The house will be sold and I'll be moving along. A new season for me for sure.

I have spent the last almost-seven years here caring for my son and lately the packing up has been difficult. I know closing the front door on Jeff's house for the last time will take its emotional toll as well, but also am secure in the love and grace of God who promises in Jeremiah 29:11:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."










Pretty Petunias
















I think these are paperwhites, but I'm not sure. They are SOOO fragrant!



do dads on a wall - See it's 70 degrees!!!!













a lovely corner spot
















Is this a gorgeous rose or what?!!!!


japanese maple in a wine barrel













Beautiful yellow daisies











That's it for the yard. By Spring I'll have planted and hopefully have some beautiful new flowers in the Pacific Northwest!

1 comment:

ChaChaneen said...

Beautiful pictures my dear! I wish you didn't have to move ~ is it really necessary? Can you rent it out or something?