Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Rose is a Rose

Roses from my yard!





I have so many beautiful flowers in my yard. Two days ago I picked some roses to put in a vase for the kitchen. They were mostly buds then and today they are outrageously beautiful as they have opened and smell so fragrant!!!

When I look at my flowers I think of the God of Creation.

He surely is into the details!

Each flower is so different from the next and each has so many beautiful parts.

Pansies are like that... each type has its own sweet little face!










Fuschias are another favorite of mine..I love them in hanging baskets on the overhang of the deck. Check out how intricate the colors and again the variety!!! They are so magnificent!

How wonderful of God to give us such beauty in flowers!
It reminds me of each of us as individuals. Our sweet and or strong faces, our individual colors, our need of shade and sun, our need for (living) water, our unfolding like a rose as He grows us to be like Him. We start out as the small seed...then the bud and the Holy Spirit works in us a new growth, unfolding, more fragrant,
more pleasing to the great and awesome Creator of the Universe!



As the roses continued to open the fragrance became stronger. At first i had to bring them close to my nose to smell them and today just two days later my kitchen is full of the beautiful aroma.

Since a day is as a thousand and a thousand as a day to the Lord our God, two days in our time frame is nothing. However, as we grow in Christ and are conformed to His image, two days may be 2 years or 20 years. How open am I to His leading? How obedient am I to His teachings? Do I find contentment on the Potter's Wheel? Am I willing to be soft enough for Him to mold? How deeply do I love Him? The sooner I submit to Him, the more content I am in my circumstances, the less I fight Him on every word from the Word that doesn't jive with how what I think is 'fair' or 'right,' the more He can do with me, thus producing a lovely fragrance that rises up to Him. May I bend easily to His ways in order to be that pleasing aroma.
John 12:3
Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus' feet with it and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with fragrance.

Eph 5:2
And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

1 comment:

Lori Stilger said...

Beautiful post, dear friend!!!!!!!! You are definitely a sweet-smelling flower in my life-garden, Karen. :)
Love you!!!!!