Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've been Tagged







I have been tagged by my friend in real life and fellow blogger Chachaneen (real name Janeen) I've yet to do one of these and wondered two things: I dont think my photos are in folders and I dont know four people to tag once I find the picture!!! I figured well I'll just do the 4th picture in the one big boy folder I do have LOL...and that is what I have done. Then I will tag two bloggers I am friends with.


Okay tagging


and Cathy @ Cocoroos Corner




Here's how it works: The instruction is to go into my photo collection, take the fourth folder and the fourth picture in that folder and explain it. Then tag four more bloggers to do the same.



So here is the picture...



Now the directions said to explain the picture. This is an area on Hwy 1 on the Pacific Coast of California north of Bodega Bay. (Famous for Hitchcock's BIRDS movie) Its at the Goat Rock area. You drive from the windy road out another windy road and down to the Rock. Then you can walk down further to the beach area with sand and surf.


A friend and I went out there on June 9, 2007. That was the one-year anniversary of the death of my son, Jeff. He loved the ocean so much being the fine surfer he was. The purpose of the trip was to scatter his ashes in this place. I had had them for a year...I planned on doing this at the one-year date. I was fine all day, we ate lunch at Lucas Wharf and proceeded up to Goat Rock. My friend got out of the vehicle first and I opened my door and then just kind of was overwhelmed by emotion of what I was going to do. I processed it and it took about 15 minutes for me to actually move forward by getting out and climbing the rocks. His ashes were scattered into the ocean he loved...the task was accomplished. Tears were shed, prayers said. It was a really solemn sacred kind of time. I'm glad I didn't have to do it alone and especially happy it was done with someone I treasure.


I keep a bit of his ashes in a beautiful starfish made especially for that purpose. I have it in my bedroom where I see it everyday and remember such a fine son as he. God bless him.


1 comment:

ChaChaneen said...

Wow, your right, this is powerful picture and a BEAUTIFUL memory my dear friend... just beautiful!

At first I thought it was Mendocino, I love it up there!